Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 04:20:21 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Sam <sam@wa4phy.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rc.firewall rules help

On 2002-04-16 14:07, Sam wrote:
> Can someone give me some hints how to stop connections from spambots by
> refusing smtp or tcp connections from hosts who won't resolve via
> reverse lookup, or even forward lookup?  Is the firewall script the
> appropriate place to put that, or would somewhere within sendmail be
> more better?

Sendmail by default does that already.  You need to explicitly disable
it, by using either one or both of:

	FEATURE(`accept_unqualified_senders')dnl
	FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')dnl

Giorgos Keramidas                       FreeBSD Documentation Project
keramida@{freebsd.org,ceid.upatras.gr}  http://www.FreeBSD.org/docproj/