Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:30:06 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Sebastian Holmqvist <sebastian.holmqvist@gmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SSHD Broken After Update

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 01:21:57AM +0100, Sebastian Holmqvist wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 16:13:03 -0800, Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org> wr=
ote:
> > On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 06:26:32PM +1100, Steven Adams wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I updated my server to 5.3 from 5.2.1 yesterday.
> > >
> > > I did encounter a few problem but managed to get by them by editing a=
 few
> > > make files etc..
> > >
> > > All is working except sshd.
> > >
> > > When I login it get this error in my logs
> > >
> > > reverse mapping checking getaddrinfo for IP failed - possible breakin
> > > attempt!
> >=20
> > Check your DNS configuration, or run sshd with debugging enabled to
> > try to find more information.
> >=20
> > Kris
> >=20
> > P.S. Please stop spoofing an invalid FreeBSD.org email address.
> >=20
> >=20
>=20
> If I were you I would have tried to reinstall it.

That would be one option..something has clearly gone wrong with his
upgrade; one should not have to work around mysterious problems by
"editing a few make files etc" if one is following the upgrade
directions properly, and it's likely that this is also the cause of
the sshd problems.

Kris

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7

--fdj2RfSjLxBAspz7--