Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2006 19:20:20 GMT
From:      Alex de Kruijff <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/63724

The following reply was made to PR kern/63724; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alex de Kruijff <freebsd@akruijff.dds.nl>
To: Maxim Konovalov <maxim@macomnet.ru>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 00:42:00 +0200

 Maxim,

 On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 01:05:01AM +0400, Maxim Konovalov wrote:
 > ipfw rule #31600 counters show packets just do not reach it and all
 > subsequent rules.

 Its was not a problem with the ruleset. I used the same ruleset on 4.9
 as on 5.2. The ruleset also worked when I replaced the queues with
 pipes. I failed to report that one needs to run
 'net.inet.ip.fw.one_pass=0'.

 > We need the whole ipfw ruleset.

 I beleave I tested this test case. Did these rules work for you under
 5.2 or 5.x? If so you can just close it.

 As for the counters I could have simply types 'ipfw z; ipfw sh'.

 Did the test case worked fine for you? Under 5.2?

 > Can you check the problem persists in recent FreeBSD releases?

 It works under 6.x. (both 6.0 as 6.1) I don't have a box with 5.x.
 --
 Alex