Date:      Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:42:16 -0400
From:      parv <parv@pair.com>
To:        Christopher Vance <vance@aurema.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsddom and java's flaming hoops

in message <20031022024140.GB18351@aurema.com>,
wrote Christopher Vance thusly...

> I have compiled versions between 1.1 and 1.4 at different times on
> my machines, with mo unreasonable problems.  If you're not using
> portupgrade and a recent cvsup of /usr/ports, I'd suggest your
> problems are self-inflicted.

Besides the license agreements, OP's problem was that he could not
download the patches (unavailable from ports tree BTW) w/o first
removing proxy software.

There is no mention about not using a proxy to download the patches
(at least it not in jdk13 port when i last built it).  One have/had
to learn about that fact by tiresome & frustrating tweaking.  I was
in the same boat when i tried downloading the patches very first
time.

An up to date ports tree cannot help there.  Otherwise, i agree w/
you, Christopher.

  - Parv