Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 22:30:24 -0400
From:      "Jerry Bell" <jerry@bellnetworks.net>
To:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: No TTYs?

After recompiling to rid myself of the telnetd bug, I ended up seeing this
exact problem.  Basically, if one logs on, then logs off, the next time he
logs in he gets the next sequential pty, even if he is the only user on the
system.  Oddly, right after a reboot, I cannot reproduce this problem, but
after a day of uptime, I'm almost out of pty's again, and will have to
reboot again before morning, it appears.

Is anyone else seeing this problem?  any ideas on how to fix, or provide
more useful troubleshooting info?
the sourced was synched and recompiled just before "Sat Jul 28 21:23:49 EDT
2001"

Thanks,

Jerry
http://www.syslog.org