Date:      Sat, 8 Jan 2000 16:58:52 -0800
From:      "Justin C. Walker" <justin@apple.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Quicktime Streaming and IP Aliasing

> From: Rich Fox <rich@f2sys.net>
> Date: 2000-01-08 07:49:55 -0800
> To: freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
> Subject: Quicktime Streaming and IP Aliasing
>
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to facilitate Quicktime streaming
> through an IP Aliasing gateway. We have been unsuccessful in all
> attempts to get this to work with our gateways. (We are using PPP to
> our ISP with IP Aliasing in the kernel for our LAN computers, the
> Freebsd box as our gateway.)
>
> If not, does anyone know if there are plans to alter the IP aliasing
> features to facilitate this in the future?

Are you referring to a NAT or IP Masquerading "gateway"?  I can't
imagine how IP aliasing would interfere with QuickTime streaming.

There was a discussion on the MkLinux-setup list
(@public.lists.apple.com); you might check there (I've forgotten the
details, but there is a "firewall" setup that allows QuickTime
streams through).

Regards,

Justin

--