Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 14:28:31 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Alpha packages for 4.1..

On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 02:00:10PM -0500, Steve Price wrote:
> Okay the packages for 4.1R/Alpha are ready.
> The only packages missing that Jordan's script says should be there
> are as follows:
>
>  1 XFree86-aoutlibs-3.3.3
>  2 acroread-3.02
>  3 gnome-1.2
>  4 gnomeapplets-1.2.1
>  5 gnomebasic-0.0.12
>  6 gnumeric-0.56
>  7 gtop-1.0.9
>  8 linux_base-6.1
>  9 mutt-1.2.4
> 10 netscape-communicator-4.73
> 11 xforms-0.89
>
> 10 didn't build and 1 is a dependency for it.

It shouldn't have been.  Can you please fix the port??  The Alpha
Netscape binaries are OSF/1, and thus should depend on the osf1_base port
only.

> Not quite sure why 2 didn't build but I'll look closer in the next build.

Please do.  Acroread 4 doesn't really run on the Alpha.  Are your build
logs available yet?

> 3 isn't available because several of its dependencies didn't build (4, 5).
> 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 didn't build correctly.

Again, we *really* need to get this information in the hands of the
maintainers of these ports.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)