Date:      Tue, 09 Mar 2004 09:53:32 -0500
From:      "Shaun T. Erickson" <ste@ste-land.com>
To:        aaron@alpete.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sasl2-->saslauthd-->pam-->mysql issue

Aaron Peterson wrote:

> If you have plain text passwords in your MySQL database, you don't need
> PAM to look them up.  SASL2 has this ability natively.

I'm going through PAM because I don't want to store passwords in plain text.

I have everything set up right, as near as I can tell. It's just that
saslauthd isn't passing the realm. I'm told, on another list, that this
is a "feature" of saslauthd from the latest version of sasl, which I'm
using. I'm told there is supposed to be a patch out there, somewhere, to
restore this behavior.

I haven't been able to find it yet. :(

	-ste