Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:10:15 -0600
From:      Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysinstall and the Right Terminal

	If one logs in to a FreeBSD system from a Linux
platform, the terminal type is set to linux which is compatible
with a vt100. As soon as I run sysinstall, things go to the dogs
very fast. It is as if there was no terminal emulation in effect
at all. Other things such as the shell and vi work. If you run
sysinstall from the installation CDROM, it works well. What
should I be doing to get proper terminal behavior in sysinstall?
I did try setting the $TERM variable to vt100 and a read of the
environment showed this did take effect, but the display filled
with garbage along with blocks of text as soon as I ran
sysinstall. Thank you.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer