Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 15:26:29 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Maxim Sobolev' <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Uncle George <gatgul@voicenet.com>, java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: java for FreeBSD/alpha

Dear Maxim,

> > whats going on with the alpha port of the Sun/JDK stuff ?
> > is there a port/effort?
>
> I just don't know. Perhaps Nate Williams or people at freebsd-java can
> shed some light on it.

While the x86 port of JDK 1.2.2. is essenially stable for non-GUI work, we
are still missing crucial bits of assembler for the Alpha architecture.

It would be great if somone sat down and wrote the code, or perhaps someone
would be so kind as to donate some of his work (hint, hint) to our porting
effort.

    Kees Jan