Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2000 14:15:03 +1100
From:      Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
To:        Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiport NIC needed

> We need one quad 10/100 NIC (four segments and only one spare
> PCI slot :-( )

As far as drivers are concerned, multiport PCI NICs are just like having
several of the same singleport cards, only mounted on the same PCB.  I.e. if
the singleport card is supported, the multiport card will be as well.

Note this is (probably) not true with ISA cards!

We have used the Intel twin fxp card since 3.2 with no problems.