Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 1996 09:47:46 -0800
From:      chet@redsky.com (Chet Puskarz-Carello)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org

hi,
I've been trying to install PCNFS and have a burned many hours trying to
get it to install. I'm lost.

Here is what I have going.

1. I don't have a 'supported CD-ROM' so I'm copying all needed files to a
MS-DOS partition. I've gone through the CD-ROm and tried to identify the
needed files.

2. When I run the installer, the installer loads up an index for me to
choose the packages I would like. I select 'pcnfsd93.02.16'. When the
installer tries to install the PCNFS I get an error saying "can't fetch
package pcnfsd93.02.16", and exits.

3. Since I don't have a mondo MS-DOS partition, (only 250 meg) I have to be
selective on what I copy into the partition for the installer to select.
I've searched the CD-ROM hi and low looking for all files that pertain to
PCNFS. I found 3 files and 1 directory. (the directory looks like the files
for the application itself, but I'm not sure). I've copied files from the
PORTS and PACKAGES directories. I've also copied the .tbl files from each
directory. I'm probably missing some files but I don't know where to find
them, especially if they are called something else from PCNFS.

4. I used xcopy /s command to copy these files over to the MS-DOS partition.

Do you have any ideas?

thank you for your help.

chet carello

Chet Puskarz