Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:30:48 +0200
From:      Geraud CONTINSOUZAS <geraud.continsouzas@wanadoo.fr>
To:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fetch problem from multimedia/linux-realplayer

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 04:53, Robert Huff wrote:
> 	I'm trying to install multimedia/linux-realplayer, which starts
> with:
>
> ** Port marked as IGNORE: multimedia/linux-realplayer:
>         may not be automatically fetched due to licensing
> restrictions.  You MUST manually fetch the Linux RPM version after
> reading and agreeing to the license at:
> http://forms.real.com/real/player/unix/unix.html - once
> rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm rv9_libc6_i386_cs2.tgz:update has
> been downloaded, move it to /usr/ ports/distfiles and then restart
> this build.
>
> 	So I go to that URL, which re-directs me to:
>
> http://www.real.com/linux/
>
> 	From there, [Download RPM package] offers
> "RealPlayer10Gold.rpm" - not what I'm looking for.  Am I just being
> dense, or are the instructions insufficient?

Seems that Real removed this file. I got stuck with the same problem a
couple of days ago. I tried to get the file from googlification but only
found some customized 404 pages or some old version version of the file
(prior to the 2004.07.28 distinfo update). Finally, I had to beg a
friend to look into his distfiles dir to get me the right version.

Anyway, my mplayer still segfaults at start on my -CURRENT, but that's
another story.

Regards,

G.