Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 2002 14:53:37 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Running cvsup ports-supfile does not launch the cvsup gui anymore!

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 11:55:32AM +0100, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> Hello,
>      I just tried cvsup'ing my ports tree with the command:
>
> cvsup ports-supfile
>
> But instead of the gui being launched., I get this on the command line:
> Demon# cvsup ports-supfile
> Connected to cvsup2.uk.FreeBSD.org....
>
> This is what I have in my port-supfile (which was used just yesterday,
> and hasn't changed in ages). What is going on here?????:

Do you have the cvsup port installed, or cvsup-without-gui?  If not the
-without-gui version, check that your DISPLAY env variable is being set
correctly - I think (note - I'm not sure ;-) that cvsup will first test to
see if X is running, and will then connect to $DISPLAY to create the gui
window - if you are remotely logged in, DISPLAY may not be set, causing
cvsup to use terminal output.

This behaviour is not to do with your supfile, which looks fine.

HTH

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \