Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2006 15:43:55 -0500
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        "Steinberg, Michael" <michael_steinberg@verizon.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kde

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

On Sat, Mar 11, 2006 at 03:40:57PM -0500, Steinberg, Michael wrote:
> im compiling kde from the ports for about the hundreth time and something
> always goes wrong this time its more simple than most but i can't seem to
> find what im looking for. It attempted to fetch a library called tiff.4 in
> several places and found nothing. It asked me to find it and ive been
> looking all over google and got nothing. Does anybody know where i can find
> this library?

In the tiff port (graphics/tiff), oddly enough :-) It should be
installed automatically if all is going well though, so I suspect
something else is wrong.  If this doesn't fix things for you, you'll
need to follow up with the actual errors you're seeing.

In future, problems with ports should be discussed on the
freebsd-ports mailing list.

Kris

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM

--yrj/dFKFPuw6o+aM--