Date:      Wed, 10 Oct 2001 11:32:29 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        Scott Corey <scott@bsdprophet.org>, jacco@lionsoft.xs4all.nl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Kernel compiling]

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 05:20:04PM -0500, Scott Corey wrote:

> [...]

'Cos the default firewall rule is to deny packets from anywhere to
anywhere. I suggest you put the following lines in your /etc/rc.conf
while you work out what sort of rules to implement:

    firewall_enable="YES"   # Set to YES to enable firewall functionality
    firewall_type="open"    # Firewall type (see /etc/rc.firewall)

--
Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>