Date:      05 Mar 1998 11:03:12 -0600
From:      stephen farrell <stephen@farrell.org>
To:        Jeff Zhen Chi <zchi@hal.com>
Cc:        freebsd questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: compatibility of FreeBSD

Jeff Zhen Chi <zchi@hal.com> writes:

> Magic 6.5 (This is a mask layout editor)
> Spice simulator
> Netscape 4.04
> Perl
> Ghostview
>
> Magic and spice are especially important, so that I want to confirm
>if those will work fine.

All of these are available in source form thus and can be compiled
natively under FreeBSD (oh--well, except netscape but there is a
native freebsd binary of netscape available).  In particular, in the
"ports" collection i see magic and spice.  You can browse the
current status of the ports directory at:

	http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html

--

Steve Farrell