Date:      Mon, 22 Mar 2004 22:03:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Adam Bozanich <abozan01@ccsf.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   gaim error

Hi all.

I am trying to get the gaim port to work.  If I build with:

make WITHOUT_NSS=1

everything is fine, but I can't connect to msn.  If I don't send any
arguments to make, when I run gaim, I get:

Fatal error 'Spinlock called when not threaded.' at line 83 in file
/mnt/s10/BSD/usr_src/lib/libpthread/thread/thr_spinlock.c (errno = 0)
zsh: abort      gaim

This has been happening for a couple of weeks, and I was hoping that
it would be fixed.  Now I'm wondering if my system is the problem.

Here's my kernel config.  Am I missing something?

machine	   i386
cpu		   I686_CPU
ident	   VOYAGER

#To statically compile in device wiring instead of /boot/device.hints
#hints		"GENERIC.hints"		#Default places to look for devices.

#makeoptions	DEBUG=-g		#Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols

options 	SCHED_4BSD		#4BSD scheduler
options 	INET			#InterNETworking
options 	INET6			#IPv6 communications protocols
options     FFS			#Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options     EXT2FS
options 	SOFTUPDATES		#Enable FFS soft updates support
options 	UFS_ACL			#Support for access control lists
options 	UFS_DIRHASH		#Improve performance on big directories
options 	MD_ROOT			#MD is a potential root device
options 	NFSCLIENT		#Network Filesystem Client
options 	NFSSERVER		#Network Filesystem Server
options 	MSDOSFS			#MSDOS Filesystem
options 	CD9660			#ISO 9660 Filesystem
options 	PROCFS			#Process filesystem (requires PSEUDOFS)
options 	PSEUDOFS		#Pseudo-filesystem framework
options 	COMPAT_43		#Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options 	COMPAT_FREEBSD4		#Compatible with FreeBSD4
options 	SCSI_DELAY=15000	#Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options 	KTRACE			#ktrace(1) support
options 	SYSVSHM			#SYSV-style shared memory
options 	SYSVMSG			#SYSV-style message queues
options 	SYSVSEM			#SYSV-style semaphores
options 	_KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING #Posix P1003_1B real-time extensions
options 	KBD_INSTALL_CDEV	# install a CDEV entry in /dev

device		isa
device		eisa
device		pci

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device		ata
device		atadisk			# ATA disk drives
device		atapicd			# ATAPI CDROM drives
device		atapifd			# ATAPI floppy drives
device		atapist			# ATAPI tape drives
options 	ATA_STATIC_ID		#Static device numbering

# atkbdc0 controls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse
device		atkbdc		# AT keyboard controller
device		atkbd		# AT keyboard
device		psm		# PS/2 mouse
device		vga		# VGA video card driver
device		splash		# Splash screen and screen saver support

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device		sc

# Floating point support - do not disable.
device		npx

# Add suspend/resume support for the i8254.
device		pmtimer

# PCCARD (PCMCIA) support
# Pcmcia and cardbus bridge support
device		cbb			# cardbus (yenta) bridge
device		pccard			# PC Card (16-bit) bus
device		cardbus			# CardBus (32-bit) bus

# Serial (COM) ports
device		sio		# 8250, 16[45]50 based serial ports

# Parallel port
device		ppc
device		ppbus		# Parallel port bus (required)
device		lpt		# Printer
device		plip		# TCP/IP over parallel
device		ppi		# Parallel port interface device

# PCI Ethernet NICs.

device		miibus		# MII bus support
device		bfe		   # Broadcom BCM440x 10/100 ethernet

# Pseudo devices - the number indicates how many units to allocate.
device		random		# Entropy device
device		loop		# Network loopback
device		ether		# Ethernet support
device		sl		# Kernel SLIP
device		ppp		# Kernel PPP
device		tun		# Packet tunnel.
device		pty		# Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
device		md		# Memory "disks"
device		gif		# IPv6 and IPv4 tunneling
device		faith		# IPv6-to-IPv4 relaying (translation)

# The `bpf' device enables the Berkeley Packet Filter.
# Be aware of the administrative consequences of enabling this!
device		bpf		# Berkeley packet filter

# USB support
device		uhci		# UHCI PCI->USB interface
device		ohci		# OHCI PCI->USB interface
device		usb		# USB Bus (required)
device		ugen		# Generic
device		ukbd		# Keyboard
device		ulpt		# Printer
device		umass		# Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
device		ums		# Mouse

# this stuff is for the usb card reader
device scbus
device da