Date:      Thu, 05 Mar 1998 17:20:31 +0900
From:      Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
To:        Studded <Studded@dal.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG, yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: When: 2.2.5-stable branch freeze and beginning of 2.2.6-BETA

>> >       So I take it we're not going to wait for XFree86 R6.4?  According to
                                                    ~~~~~~~
>> >the ftp site they're planning wide release by the end of march. Or
>> >perhaps we're part of the inner circle they mention? :)
>>
>> I believe the next XFree86 release will still be based on X11R6.3.
>
>	Nothing personal because I don't know you, but one of the worst things
>you can do on a technical list is guess. Please confirm your facts
>before you state your opinions. Check out
>http://www.camb.opengroup.org/tech/desktop/x/.

Nothing personal, but aren't you rather confusing the Open Group and
the XFree86 Project Inc?

XFree86 is primarily developed and distributed by the XFree86 Project
Inc.  The code is, of course, derived from that of the Open Group.
But, it does not necessarily mean that the latest release from the
XFree86 always matches the latest release of X11.

In fact
http://www.camb.opengroup.org/tech/desktop/x/r6.4doc/relnotes/relnotes.htm
mentions XFree86 3.3.1 which was released in Aug. 97 and is based on
X11R6.3pl2.

You had better check out the XFree86 web site:
    http://www.xfree86.org/
rather than the Open Group's, for the latest information and status
of XFree86.

Kazu