Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 1999 17:59:02 -0500
From:      Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
To:        Jeremy Shaffner <jer@jorsm.com>
Cc:        John Estess <jestess@wcnet.net>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-stable wannabe tester

Jeremy Shaffner wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Dec 1999, John Estess wrote:
>
> > >   If you want to test installation of stable, there are places you can
> > > download install snapshots.
> >
> > I have a 26400 bps connection to the world. No kidding. I can CVSup, but
> > downloading images is not an option in my current environment.
>
> He wasn't talking images.  He means you can do an FTP install of a
> snapshot just like you can for a full -RELEASE.
>
> -Jeremy

I did a full install at 28,800. Being a newbie I had to do a number of
installs, so I found the best thing to do was ftp all the files to my MSDOS
disk, and use that for the installation media. cvsup took care of the rest.
(If you're interested, I think the ftp install took about 7 or 8 hours.)

Walter