Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:05:26 -0500
From:      Jason <jason@monsterjam.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.2 Stable and adaptec card problems

BSD fans,

I have a system that has an adaptec 1540 scsi controller and I have used
the boot floppies from 4.1 release and 4.2-release to install FreeBSD
onto this box with no problem. I created floppies from the
4.2-20010312-STABLE/ snapshot on releng4 and booted them to test upgrade
a 4.1-release system.. When I booted and did the config util, I did NOT
recognize my adaptec controller.. I checked the devices that it detected
and there was no mention of the controller at all.
I know I ran the config util right because I selected the same options
with both 4.1 release and 4.2 release floppies  and they recognized the
card with no problem.. I even have 4.1-release installed on the box.
Anyway, anyone have any ideas to what happened to the aha drivers on
this snapshot?
please respond directly to me because I am not subscribed to this list.

thanks and regards,
Jason