Date:      Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:45:22 -0300
From:      AT Matik <asstec@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   here is how to enable Dlink DWL-AG530

Hi
I brought the ATH DWL-AG530 card to work and who is interested can take thi=
s=20
steps, I got the idea from madwifi linux driver:

You need to copy this

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=3D8966525

and compile, it worked for me on 5.4 and 6.0-RC1

gcc ar5k.c -o ar5k=20

then you need to change a line in /usr/src/sys/dev/ath/if_ath.c
look for:

        if (!ath_hal_init_channels(ah, chans, IEEE80211_CHAN_MAX, &nchan,
            cc, HAL_MODE_ALL, outdoor, xchanmode)) {
                u_int32_t rd;

                ath_hal_getregdomain(ah, &rd);
                if_printf(ifp, "unable to collect channel list from hal; "
                        "regdomain likely %u country code %u\n", rd, cc);
                free(chans, M_TEMP);
                return EINVAL;
        }

and change return EINVAL; into return 0;

compile the kernel or the module

then reboot or load the module

you should see ath0 but still not usable, now query your messages to find t=
he=20
card's mem and then run ark5k on it as

ark5k 0xe1800000 0x10

after a new module reload or reboot you can fully use the card as usual ath

Jo=E3o