Date:      Sat, 21 Aug 2010 14:03:02 -0300
From:      Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Rem P Roberti <remegius@comcast.net>, Ivan Klymenko <fidaj@ukr.net>
Subject:   Re: External HD

On Saturday 21 August 2010 13:46:43 Rem P Roberti wrote:
> > Rem P Roberti<remegius@comcast.net>  =D0=BF=D0=B8=D1=88=D0=B5=D1=82:
> >>    I have a 500GB USB HD which I am able mount thus:
> >>       mount_ntfs /dev/da2s1 /mnt
> >>=20
> >> Having done so I can copy from the external drive, but not write to
> >> it. What is necessary to implement in order to be able to write to an
> >> external hard drive?
> >>=20
> >> Rem
> >=20
> > use the port /usr/ports/sysutils/fusefs-ntfs
>=20
> Thanks for the tip.  I have installed the port and will give it a try,
> although I'm a little leery given Ryan's post.
>=20
> Rem

Don't forget to do this:

cd /sbin
mv -f mount_ntfs mount_ntfs-kern
ln -s /usr/local/bin/ntfs-3g mount_ntfs

so you can mount your ntfs disk right from fstab.

I have all my vbox vdi files on an ntfs drive and I'm yet to have a problem=
=20
with it.
=2D-=20
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br
=46reeBSD since 2.2.8 [not Pro-Audio.... YET!!] (99% winfoes FREE)