Date:      Sun, 29 Jun 2014 23:12:32 +0300
From:      Stefan Parvu <sparvu@systemdatarecorder.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rrdtool and lua on FreeBSD 10.x anyone ?

Hi,

Anyone here using rrdtool and lua ? I have seen that RRDtool has bindings for LUA
but I was curious how one would get them compiled correctly. What I tried:

 - # pkg install lua52-5.2.3_2
 - configure rrdtool ... which ended up like this:

checking for lua... /usr/local/bin/lua
checking for lua >= 5.0... 5.2 found
checking lua52/lua.h usability... yes
checking lua52/lua.h presence... yes
checking for lua52/lua.h... yes
checking lua52/lualib.h usability... yes
checking lua52/lualib.h presence... yes
checking for lua52/lualib.h... yes
checking lua52/lauxlib.h usability... yes
checking lua52/lauxlib.h presence... yes
checking for lua52/lauxlib.h... yes
checking for library containing lua_call... no
Lua headers found but not the libraries! Please reinstall the dev packages for Lua 5.2

There are no such thing as a lua-dev package, does this sound a Linux thing or is there anything else
I need to install ?

Many thanks,

--
Stefan Parvu <sparvu@systemdatarecorder.org>