Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:27:48 -0700
From:      Nathan Kinkade <nkinkade@dsl-only.net>
To:        Chris Moline <cmoline@shaw.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mouse wheel problems

--VkqCAaSJIySsbD6j

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 03:33:16PM -0600, Chris Moline wrote:
>=20
> hi. i am having some problems with getting my mouse wheels to work.
>=20
> i had it working with my old mouse (a wireless optical logitech mouse).
> but that mouse started having problems so i got a new one. the new one
> is a cheap, generic mouse. i did have the wheel on the old logitech
> mouse working but it doesnt work anymore. the wheel on the new generic
> mouse doesnt work either. both mice work on my friends windows box. both
> mice work on my bsd box (except for the wheels).
>=20
> i am running XFree86-4.2.0_1,1. here is the relevant part of
> /etc/X11/XF86Config
>=20
>     Identifier  "Mouse1"=20
>     Driver      "mouse"=20
>     Option      "Protocol"      "auto"=20
>     Option      "Device"        "/dev/sysmouse"=20
>     Option      "Buttons"       "5"=20
>     Option      "ZAxisMapping"  "4 5"=20
>=20
> here is my moused command for the old logitech mouse
>=20
> moused -t auto -p /dev/psm0 -z 4
>=20
> and here is my moused command for the new generic mouse (its really
> pokey and so needs some help).
>=20
> moused -t auto -p /dev/psm0 -z 4 -r high -a 2
>=20
<snip>

> sincerly,
> chris moline

I recently got my wheel mouse working using almost the exact same setup
as you, minus the ZAxisMapping directive in the XF86Config file.  Try
commenting out that line and then restarting X.

Nathan
--=20
GPG Public Key ID: 0x4250A04C
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 4250A04C
http://63.105.21.156/gpg_nkinkade_4250A04C.asc

--VkqCAaSJIySsbD6j

--VkqCAaSJIySsbD6j--