Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 2014 08:56:09 +0900 (JST)
From:      shigeru@os-hackers.jp <shigeru@os-hackers.jp>
To:        hiren.panchasara@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: my private build RaspberryPi Image is available

>>>>> "hiren" == hiren panchasara <hiren.panchasara@gmail.com> writes:
hiren> Nice work. Would you mind sharing how you created the packages? On
hiren> RPi itself or you have some sort of cross-build setup?

I create pkg binaries on RaspberyPi, not on cross build environment.

You, maybe, have a question: "why not use cross compile enviromnet?".
It is for checking -current FreeBSD/RaspberryPi is stable or not.
#unfortunately, -current is not stable ;-(
And I think, stable system should be build itself on itself!

How to build pkg binaries are,
1) svn checkout http://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head /usr/ports
2) change to target directory
3) do 'make package' (or 'make package-recursive')
4) do 'pkg repo /usr/ports/packages' to create a pkg catalog
5) copy/rsync pkg binaries to my web site

Unfortunately, there are some ports which I can't compile
 on -current FreeBSD/RaspberryPi.
These ports requires GCC, but gcc ports in -current does not support
 arm/armv6.
I fix some ports to compile on -current clang/llvm/FreeBSD/RaspberryPi.
#It is quick hack.
Currently, I do not open patches, and I think how to open
 information/patches.

Thanks,
---
YAMAMOTO Shigeru <shigeru@os-hackers.jp>