Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:38:25 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Subject:   Re: New i386 packages uploaded

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 08:04:13PM +0200, John Hay wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 10:39:31PM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > I have uploaded to ftp-master an (almost) full package set for i386,
> > built against the new library versions.  You can use portupgrade -PP
> > or similar to update your system if you want to avoid having to
> > recompile all the installed ports.
> >=20
> > It may take a while for the new set to propagate out to
> > ftp.freebsd.org and the mirror sites (hopefully <24 hours for most
> > mirrors) - they're in the ports/i386/packages-5.3-release/ directory
> > if you want to shop around for them.  As a side-effect, pkg_add -r
> > will now work as expected on a 5.3-beta system.
>=20
> Watching my mirror now, it looks like there is a packages directory
> inside ports/i386/packages-5.3-release/ Is that on purpose?

Oops :(  I guess I dropped a '*' in there.

I guess the best way to fix this is to send mail to hubs@ advising all
mirrors to mv the directory manually and prevent resyncing it for a
day or two, then wait 24 hours and mv it on ftp-master.  Does that
sound OK to you?

Kris

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT

--tKW2IUtsqtDRztdT--