Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 1995 01:06:42 +0100
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Announcing 2.0.5-950622-SNAP

> I'm curious why dual boot is a "no and possibly never"?  Windows NT
> can install itself in such a way as I can boot either 3.1 or 3.5.
> This is useful for testing to see if the new OS is sane enough (like
> running make on the programs that you are developing, eg) and gives
> you a way to back out quickly to a known good level.

Just the amount of work involved is all.  You can't have 2 FreeBSD
slices on a disk and boot from the second one as the boot code is too
stupid to understand that you might want to boot from something other
than the first one it finds.  If you can think of a way of making
dual-boot work in all possible scenarios, then I'm certainly not
adverse..

						Jordan