Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 1999 03:14:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Just some thoughts on Netscape....

I know a lot of people like the linux version of netscape, but i am
convinced that if you can do without the bells and whistles of a few extra
plugins, stay with the FreeBSD version !!  It loads much faster on my
machine, starts resolving names more quickly, and seems to run faster
overall.  Maybe it's just an impression i got, but as soon as i deleted
the linux version and re-installed 4.51, i saw a marked improvement.  Is
this a question?  No... but maybe it will be an answer to anyone who has
asked wich one they should choose....

Note:  I didn't try the disable asynchronous DNS feature in 4.7, but even
that wouldn't make it load faster anyway.  I'm sticking with 4.51.

-jonathon