Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 2003 02:17:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Ron Andreasen <free_bsd_newbie@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need install help please

> On an 80-conductor cable:
> Pri. Master:	IBM 40GB drive, at highest UDMA mode
> Pri. Slave:		Maxtor 20GB drive, at highest  > UDMA
mode

> On a 40-conductor cable:
> Sec. Master:	HP CD-Writer+ 9100i, PIO4 mode
> Sec. Slave:	Liteon CD-ROM, PIO4 mode

I was afraid that would be one of the suggestions for
my problem.  The reason I have it set up the way it is
is so I can record from cd to cd on-the-fly.  Last
time I tried this I had to have the writer/cd-rom on
different ide cables.

> For a
> better solution, I
> would sugest you add a second ATA controller to your
> system

I will definately look into this ATA controller you
suggested and see if I can grab one.  Will this still
allow me to copy cds on-the-fly?

I think for now I'll just stick with Redhat Linux
since it doesn't seem to have a problem with my
current set up.  At least until I can get my hands on
a second ATA controller.  Thanks a bunch for the
ideas, I appreciate the time you took to help out.

Ron