Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 09:05:54 -0400
From:      Stephen Derdau <sderdau@bit-net.com>
To:        "Richard J. Linane" <typh0on@concentric.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Connecting to http://www.freebsd.org

Richard J. Linane wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm running release 2.2.7.
> I have configured my box to connect to the internet through my local isp
> using PPP.
> I have installed and I am using "Pine" as an e-mail client with popclient
> and Netscape 4.0 as my browser.
>
> My question is this...
>
> I am able to connect and and browse to any page (so far) and I am
> able to send and recieve e-mail.
>
> I am unable to browse to http://www.freebsd.org  .
> I can connect to ftp://ftp.freebsd.org  .
>
> Is there something I might have configured incorrectly ?
>
> If anyone can help, I would greatly appriciate it.
>
> Sincerly,
> Rich Linane
> typh0on@concentric.net

Try setting tcp extension in your /etc/rc.conf file to no
Then rebooting.
I believe it has something to do with asscend or annex software bugs.
It worked for me.  your provider is probably using either of these two
things.

--
Thank You

/SD
FreeBSD 2.2.7-STABLE #0: Mon Aug 24 02:20:10 EDT 1998
**http://www.freebsd.org/search.html "Alot of answers found here see
FAQ's"**
***** FreeBSD IT's HARD TO BELIEVE IT IS FREE ! http://www.FreeBSD.org
*****