Date:      Wed, 5 Oct 2005 20:59:35 -0700
From:      "Darren Pilgrim" <dmp@bitfreak.org>
To:        <freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: [FreeBSD-Announce] FreeBSD Project Launches Improved Website

Aesthetically speaking, the design is much improved from the old site.  =
The
new design is far more modern and "feels cleaner."  I like, keep it up!

Technically speaking, the new design is badly broken.

In my particular case, my use of larger fonts in Firefox 1.0.6 results =
in
the new design displaying the following errors:

- The nav-bar is on two lines: "| Support" wraps onto a second line.  My
larger 16 pt minimum font size results in the text for the nav-bar being
wider than the fixed layout width.  My browser window is 1700 pixels =
wide
for a reason.  Please don't cram everything into 765 pixels, it won't =
work.

- The "Security Advisories" column is too narrow for some of the =
entries.
Specifically, the cvsbug and ipsec lines extend past the right edge of =
gray
area.  The white separator lines in the gray news/events area do not =
extend
to the bottom of the gray area.  These are the result of using <div>s =
and
news/events is in a uniform grid, a table makes the most sense.

To make this more than just the griping of an armchair dictator, if =
you're
interested in the input of YAWD[1], I work for a web design company and =
will
be meeting with the owner in just over an hour.  I will bring up =
creating
working examples of the points I've made as well as possibly further
contribution.

[1] Yet Another Web Designer