Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2014 20:06:04 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-tex@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   TeXLive 2014

----Security_Multipart(Fri_Aug_22_20_06_04_2014_173)--

Hello,

 First, I am sorry for my being lazy and not responding to problem
 reports on teTeX/TeXLive ports in a timely manner.  I just updated
 TeXLive ports to 2014 and trying to figure out what problems we still
 have now.  Please report your trouble to freebsd-tex@ list or file a
 PR.

 I think it is safe to upgrade a system with TL2012.
 Incompatibilities of TeX engines are quite small though some of very
 old macros were removed in TL2014.  At this moment, TeXLive-specific
 management tools such as tlmgr do not work well because package
 management by them conflicts with pkg(8) and can damage the installed
 files in an unexpected way.

-- Hiroki