Date:      Thu, 25 Apr 2013 16:38:59 -0400
From:      Greg Larkin <glarkin@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Rainer Hurling <rhurlin@gwdg.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: math/ggobi does not build, if graphics/graphviz installed

On 4/25/13 12:02 PM, Rainer Hurling wrote:
> On 25.04.2013 17:02 (UTC+2), Greg Larkin wrote:

>>> Hi Greg,
>>
>>> I created an excerpt of the build log and put it together with
>>>  config.log as a zip in the attachment.
>>
>>> Please tell me, if I should provide more information.
>>
>>> Many thanks for your answer, Rainer

>> Hi Rainer,
>>
>> Can you send all config.log files that appear in the ggobi work
>> directory?  That would include any that appear in the plugin
>> build subdirectories.
>
> Yep, of course. The attached zip should contain them all.
>
> Thanks again, Rainer
>

>> Thank you, Greg

Hi Rainer,

There doesn't appear to be an easy way to convince
plugins/GraphLayout/configure to ignore an already-installed version
of graphviz, and I don't see any patches for ggobi that enable it to
support new versions of graphviz.

At this point, I would add a post-configure target to the port
Makefile and use it to patch plugins/GraphLayout/Makefile and
plugins/GraphLayout/config.h to remove support for libgvc.  I did that
manually, and I was able to build the plugin by hand with graphviz
still installed.

Hope that helps,
Greg

- --