Date:      Mon, 12 Jul 2010 23:05:57 +0300
From:      Manolis Kiagias <sonicy@otenet.gr>
To:        "Sam Fourman Jr." <sfourman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Ryan Perry <rperry@madisonip.com>
Subject:   Re: building an ISO

On 12/07/2010 9:51 μ.μ., Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Ryan Perry <rperry@madisonip.com> wrote:
>
>> I need to make my own FreeBSD installer CD that installs 2 ports, and then
>> runs some custom scripts.  What are the best methods to accomplish this?
>>
> I was also wondering if there is a way to make release without using a cvs tag?
>
> eg.. I want to use the /usr/src from my machine

The quick answer is yes:

make release CHROOTDIR=/data/release \
BUILDNAME=7.1-PRERELEASE \
CVSROOT=/data/ncvs \
EXTSRCDIR=/usr/src \
-DNODOC -DNOPORTS \
-DNO_FLOPPIES \
-DMAKE_ISOS

Note the EXTSRCDIR that points to /usr/src. You still have to supply
CVSROOT which need not exist, and will not be used