Date:      Wed, 5 Jan 2000 17:22:52 +0200
From:      Artem Okounev <aokounev@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSup over ppp

         Hello everybody,

I have FreeBSD box working as firewall/proxy between my local network
and Internet. I'm using pppd to establish ppp connection with my ISP
(via leased line) and natd/ipfw for address aliasing/filtering.
Everything works fine (i can do ftp and browsing web from local net
via FreeBSD box), but CVSup (version 16.1 installed from cvsup-bin
port) doesn't work. I have the following output from cvsup on
'cvsup -g -L 2 /etc/cvs-ports' command:

Parsing supfile "/etc/cvs-ports"
Connecting to cvsup6.freebsd.org
Connected to cvsup6.freebsd.org
Server software version: REL_16_1
Negotiating file attribute support
Exchanging collection information
Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection
Running

Then, after long pause cvsup exits with timeout error.

At the same time if i'm trying to cvsup over another firewall machine
(spare one, pure dialup connection from WinNT/WinGate machine) - cvsup
works perfect.

I guess something wrong with my pppd. Should I present my
pppd/natd/kernel configs?

I know that similar problem has been discussed few month ago in
-questions and -current but the primary question was replased by "ppp
vs pppd" dispute.

Regards,
Artem.                             mailto:aokounev@yahoo.com

PGP fingerprint: BA17 5765 2858 E213 9717  CA9F 5E02 1CE8 6266 A05E