Date:      Thu, 04 May 2000 15:42:10 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@tutopia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Naw, Netscape doesn't have a memory problem!

At 03:15 PM 5/4/2000, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:

>It's curious..I was one of the, probably many, subscribed that wrote
>email to WC saying that I would prefer to receive 4.0 instead of 3.5. On
>the newsgroups you will find some people complained when this decision
>was taken.

We will install 3.x on production machines until 4.2 is out, as per our
usual policy. We'll experiment with earlier 4.x releases on machines
that aren't critical servers. Even if Matt's changes are absolutely
superb, we've got to be conservative.

--Brett

"You're not just e-mailing her, you're e-mailing anyone she's ever
e-mailed."

-- Dayton Daily News Cartoonist Mike Peters on the "Melissa virus"