Date:      Sat, 17 May 1997 08:39:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        imp@village.org, ponds!crh.cl.msu.edu!henrich
Cc:        ponds!FreeBSD.ORG!freebsd-hackers
Subject:   Re: vim vs. nvi?

> In message <19970516203228.50252@crh.cl.msu.edu> Charles Henrich writes:
> : I guess the only real way is to have some people in core who are vi users to
> : try it out and give it a spin and see what they think.  I myself am definatly
> : sold.. If not for the syntax coloring alone..
>
> I'm not in core or use vi, but I have no problems.
>
> Warner

 I like vim - except for one failing.

 When you move the cursor to the end-of-the-line (e.g. with '$'), and
then press <space> it should beep.  In vim, it moves to the beginning
of the next line.

 I frequently perform that operation to ensure there's nothing remaining
on the line, as in checking that the backslash is the last character.
I find the difference very annoying...

	- Dave Rivers -