Date:      Fri, 6 Nov 1998 21:01:39 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
Cc:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nfs.ko panics on unloading

On Fri, 6 Nov 1998, Garrett Wollman wrote:

> <<On Fri, 6 Nov 1998 20:33:55 +0000 (GMT), Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com> said:
>
> > code).  Unfortunately the vfs system itself doesn't support unloading yet
> > (a project for someone there).
>
> It certainly did before!  NFS never did, no, because there was no way
> to undefine a syscall, but when I first implemented VFS LKMs, you
> definitely could unload them (provided that the reference count was
> zero).

I must be blind! I didn't even see vfs_unregister().  I'll tweak my patch
and try to find time to test it.  I think that NFS should define two
modules, one for the vfs and one for the syscall (there isn't a predefined
module type for syscalls yet though).

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
					Fax:   +44 181 381 1039