Date:      Wed, 21 Dec 2005 10:42:51 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        kalin mintchev <kalin@el.net>, Teo De Las Heras <teoheras@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: firefox 1.5 port

On Wednesday 21 December 2005 08:01 am, kalin mintchev wrote:
> > Have you tried going into the cairo directory in /usr/ports and
> > doing a make
> > deinstall and make reinstall?
>
>   yes...  i installed from source and passed that point now...
>   i just think that the purpose of the port system is to avoid
> stitching it all together from srcs...  specially a port as widely
> used and popular as firefox..

But that is why you use things like portupgrade or portmanage. You have=20
dependancies and sometimes, not all of the time, they have to be=20
updated before you build the main application. If you do the updating=20
out of sequence (a>b>c>d) such as update b before you update d, you may=20
have to go back and force the update because the flag to update is no=20
longer there.=20

A "portupgrade -rR" won't fix what you have already broken. You have to=20
force it with -fr. That will take a long time and you probably can't=20
recover any other way because the package site only has=20
firefox-1.5_4,1.

=46or example, nspr and cairo build just fine on my system. I cvsuped and=20
tried it on 6-stable. It sounds like you are in that position now.

If there are a number of changes and it looks like an interface is=20
affected, I run "portupgrade -purR xxx". Michael will probably tell you=20
how to do it with portmanage. I think like portupgrade and use it.

Kent

> > Teo
> >
> > On 12/21/05, kalin mintchev <kalin@el.net> wrote:
> >> this is getting pretty retarded..  i rebuild nspr..
> >>
> >> nsCanvasRenderingContext2D.cpp:2040: error:
> >> `cairo_set_source_surface' undeclared (first use this function)
> >> nsCanvasRenderingContext2D.cpp:2041: error:
> >> `cairo_paint_with_alpha' undeclared (first use this function)
> >> gmake[4]: *** [nsCanvasRenderingContext2D.o] Error 1
> >> gmake[4]: Leaving directory
> >> `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla/content/canvas/src'
> >> gmake[3]: *** [libs] Error 2
> >> gmake[3]: Leaving directory
> >> `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla/content/canvas'
> >> gmake[2]: *** [libs] Error 2
> >> gmake[2]: Leaving directory
> >> `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla/content'
> >> gmake[1]: *** [tier_9] Error 2
> >> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla'
> >> gmake: *** [default] Error 2
> >> *** Error code 2
> >>
> >> Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.
> >>
> >> updating cairo i get this crap:
> >>
> >> =3D=3D=3D>  cairo-1.0.2_1 is marked as broken: Unknown component
> >> ltverhack.
> >>
> >> merry christmas to you too...

=2D-=20
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

"Nunca te acostar=E1s sin saber una cosa m=E1s"