Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 18:14:40 GMT
From:      "spider 90" <spider90@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   MAKEDEV, Permissions, and Floppy Drives

     Yesterday I was working on trying to mount my Floppy drive. I sent an
email and was advsd to make sre the /dev/fd0 is lsting in etc/fstab. I tried
that but it wasnt there. So I read in complete freebsd that I would need to
MAKEDEV fd0 but when I try that I get a message that say permission denied
/usr/sbin. I worked for 2 hrs trying to read and figure out how to get past
that but no success.
     I was root and in fact I have not set up any users yet. As root dont I
have permission for everything?
     I did try mknod fd0 b 9 2 and it created a file fd0 but couldnt mount
it at all. I believe all it did was create an empty file called fd0.
Furthermore the MAKEDEV is suppossed to work, it is such a simply command to
setup my floppy but cant get permission.
     Am I missing something very obvious here? Please if anyone can help me
solve this headache I would appreciate it very much