Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 16:26:23 -0700
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Jin Guojun <jin@george.lbl.gov>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: motherboard with 32-bit/66MHz PC

On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 12:16:06 -0800, Jin Guojun wrote:
> I am looking for a motherboard that has a PCI bus better than 32-bit/33MHz.
> It looks like there is no 64-bit PCI bus for non server based motherboard.
> So, does any one know any MB maker makes 32-bit/66MHz PCI motherboard?

Supermicro (www.supermicro.com) has some boards that might do the trick.

I'm not sure why you don't want a server board.  In any case, the
Supermicro 370DL3 or the Supermicro 370DE6 might do the trick.  I don't
think they're shipping the 370DE6 yet, but I think I've seen 370DL3
around.

Either board would do for a high end workstation, although the 370DE6 might
be better since it has an AGP slot.

I haven't used either one, so I can't comment on how they work with
FreeBSD, etc.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry