Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:11:38 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        flattie@globelinks.com
Cc:        "Daniel" <dan@spot.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Relay...

You have a rather unusual supfile.

First, I would just specify the src-all set. Get rid of everything
else unless you really don't want to update the entire source tree.

You have two "release" specifiers. I'm not sure of the effect of a
release that carries no tag, but in any case, I doubt this is what you
want.

Whether these things are causing your problem, I can't say, but it
seems quite possible.

Finally, the host (cvsup.freebsd.org) is a poor choice as it get a
very heavy load and can be rather slow. I'd suggest trying one of the
other cvsup systems. Assuming that you are in the US, the available
servers are cvsup1 through cvsup8. Which works best depends on your
network connection. You can use the -h option on the command line to
try out various mirrors and pick one that works well for you.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)