Date:      Fri, 04 Jan 2002 12:55:39 -0500
From:      Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
To:        Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: **HEADS UP**  autoconf/automake issues in ports

Hi, I am seeing what seems to be this issue on a number of boxes.  When
trying to build gettext

===>  Building for gettext-0.10.35
cd . && /usr/ports/devel/gettext/work/gettext-0.10.35/missing aclocal -I m4
WARNING: `aclocal' is missing on your system.  You should only need it if
          you modified `acinclude.m4' or `configure.in'.  You might want
          to install the `Automake' and `Perl' packages.  Grab them from
          any GNU archive site.
cd . && autoheader
./aclocal.m4:49: error: m4_defn: undefined macro: _m4_divert_diversion
acoldnames.m4:86: AM_PROG_INSTALL is expanded from...
./aclocal.m4:49: the top level
autoconf: tracing failed
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gettext/work/gettext-0.10.35.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gettext.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/gettext.