Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 2002 09:19:45 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        FreeBSD-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG, lambert@lambertfam.org
Subject:   Re: wi card insertion and xmms machine-gunning

In message: <20020818201549.GA3085@laptop.lambertfam.org>
            Scott Lambert <lambert@lambertfam.org> writes:
: The pause, and associated "machine-gunning", on removal of the card is
: between two and six seconds long.

The driver busy waits for some things.  Sometimes these waits can be
rather long, which causes problems for other aps.  I'd expect it to be
especially bad if you were ejecting the card because we take a long
time to timeout in that case.  I have a fix for that, but for the
insertion problem, init takes a while and you'll notice a rather long
delay in character echo in X when you insert a card often.  Some cards
respond more quickly than others....

Warner