Date:      Sat,  4 Aug 2001 07:00:30 -0700
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@EnContacto.Net>
To:        Evan Zhou <zhou6801@yahoo.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help!

I would suggest that you update your mod_php4 port and install it from
there.  It is quite a bit easier than doing it manually when you are
doing it for the first time.  The version of php4 in ports is 4.0.6,
I think.  It includes a script that allows you to select the modules
to include in your php compilation and checks dependencies and builds
the configure script automatically.  It also adds the correct information
to your httpd.conf file.

Hope that helps,

ed

P.S.  You probably should try a make clean in your /usr/ports/www/mod_php4
directory.