Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 2004 21:53:18 -0600
From:      n0oct@sbcglobal.net
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Another Moregroupware question. . .

Currently running FreeBSD 4.10-p2, Apache-1.3.19, php-4 and
moregroupware-0.7.1.

I have read the previous questions regarding this software [I built it
from ports], but my installation fails setup with:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: session_id() in
/usr/local/www/moregroupware/include/log.inc.php on line 70

That might make one think that php is either nonexistant or
misconfigured.  I tweaked php.ini according to the moregroupware
handbook, and the output of pkg_info | grep php looks like this:

mod_php4-4.3.9,1    PHP Apache Module
php4-bz2-4.3.9      The bz2 shared extension for php
php4-calendar-4.3.9 The calendar shared extension for php
php4-crack-4.3.9    The crack shared extension for php
php4-ctype-4.3.9    The ctype shared extension for php
php4-dba-4.3.9      The dba shared extension for php
php4-dbase-4.3.9    The dbase shared extension for php
php4-dio-4.3.9      The dio shared extension for php
php4-extensions-1.0 A "meta-port" to install PHP extensions
php4-ftp-4.3.9      The ftp shared extension for php
php4-gettext-4.3.9  The gettext shared extension for php
php4-mcal-4.3.9     The mcal shared extension for php
php4-mysql-4.3.9    The mysql shared extension for php
php4-overload-4.3.9 The overload shared extension for php
php4-pcre-4.3.9     The pcre shared extension for php
php4-posix-4.3.9    The posix shared extension for php
php4-session-4.3.9  The session shared extension for php
php4-tokenizer-4.3.9 The tokenizer shared extension for php
php4-xml-4.3.9      The xml shared extension for php
php4-zlib-4.3.9     The zlib shared extension for php

So, was gibt's?  If something is missing, it isn't easily determined by
reading the moregroupware handbook, reading the moregroupware
mailing list archives or searching the web.  I had this software working
on a prior incarnation of this machine [6 months ago], but two days
after finishing installing moregroupware, configuring all the users,
etc., a hard drive failed and I had to start over from scratch.

--

72, Jim N0OCT