Date:      Sun, 18 Jun 2006 20:55:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ensel Sharon <user@dhp.com>
To:        Jahilliya <jahilliya@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please help - adaptec 2820sa not allowing installation

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006, Jahilliya wrote:

> Try hitting scroll lock and then page up to view the dmesg or go to
> the emergency console and run dmesg to see if it picked up any aac
> devices. You may need to load the module yourself, you should be able
> to do this from the emergency console (not sure tho).
>
> I've steered clear of the *20SA series of cards from Adaptec (mainly
> buying the 2410SA) for the two facts, SATA2 isn't listed anywhere on
> the hardware list and only the xx10SA series SATA cards are listed.

Ok, aac is in the dmesg.

I can see both 2820sa cards in the dmesg, and I see no errors, etc. -
there are just no drives listed in dmesg.

My setup is 8 500 Gb drives in a single raid-6 array, size ~2.8TB.  Any
problems with that ?  Perhaps sysinstall cannot deal with a >2TB drive
?  There are no other drives in the system besides the single 2.8TB raid 6
array ...

Thanks.