Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 08:57:41 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@asme.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: M$ anti-trust case

Brett Glass wrote:

> At 12:35 AM 4/18/2000 , Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:
>
> >In Denmark one of the major banks are installing StarOffice instead of MS
> >Office on 6000 workstations. (Pretty much everywhere in the organization I
> >believe). Still on windows though, but it's a great start.
>
> How does the Linux implementatio of StarOffice work on FreeBSD? I am
> surprised that Sun, given its BSD roots, hasn't come out with a BSD
> port.

What roots? After SunOS 4.1.x they have been claiming they are a sysvish
UNIX. The Solaris version won't work on Unixware, though.

I understand the Linux version works, but I am awaiting for them to
release the source code. I am currently using the OS/2 and the winblows
ports. Staroffice is not 100% compatible with M$-Office, I had to
install the MS-Wordviewer, but it's pretty good.

cheers,

     Pedro.