Date:      Thu, 15 May 2008 11:39:08 -0500
From:      Walter <walterk1@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Does FBSD 7 support 802.11N cards?  G suggestions?

Gerard wrote:

>I have done something similar to that myself. Go to the linksys site
>and download the latest available driver for your card. Then visit:
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/config-network-setup.html
>
>and follow the directions there.

I found the direction at 11.8.1 helpful, and was able to use /ndisgen/
and /kldload/ to bring up the card. (Yea!)

Now I need to configure it - I'm printing out 29.3 now.  But I can't
get the interface to be brought up at boot, a la:

----

You can configure the system to load the NDIS modules at boot time in
the same way as with any other module. First, copy the generated module,
W32DRIVER.ko, to the /boot/modules directory. Then, add the following
line to /boot/loader.conf:

W32DRIVER_load="YES"

    ----

but I can bring it up manually from the modules directory.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

Thanks.